Welcome to Yoga East a light-filled yoga sanctuary in the heart of Bairnsdale.
Take time out from the fullness of modern life to relax and enjoy soulful yoga.
Our yoga practices are about opening and strengthening minds and bodies to live with love and respect, to play with embracing our inner ‘wildness’ and to find freedom that ultimately connects us back to nature and to fully embody our amazing selves. Our yoga is inclusive, creative, purposeful and alignment focused. We encourage practising in a way that honours your anatomical uniqueness and in a way that moves you towards a more individual and organic practice. We welcome our students to begin where they are, with full awareness and acceptance of all that they bring to the mat.
Most of the yoga classes are taught by Margot Porter a highly trained, caring and motivated teacher who is there to support you in safely and intelligently building your strength, flexibility and balance while developing a deep sense of inner calm.
Yoga East offers a diversity of contemporary flow, gentle, yin and restorative yoga classes, beginner’s yoga and meditation courses. We also offer monthly yoga intensives and workshops, occasional yoga and meditation retreats both local and international.
connect. love. laugh. inspire.
Yoga Class Timetable
- Summer to Autumn – January to May
- Winter – June to August
- Spring to Summer – September to December
No classes on Public Holidays
Hatha General, 9.30 – 11.00am, with Margot
Hatha Flow, 5.45 – 7.15pm, with Margot
Hatha Flow, 9.30 – 11.00am, with Lydia
Yin, 5.45 – 7.15pm, with Margot
Hatha Flow, 8.30 – 10.00am, with Lydia
Movement is medicine when we do it regularly so a little special to sweeten the transition into the cooler months of Autumn. Your autumn pass entitles you to 8 classes from the weekly timetable and you have until June 30th to enjoy your classes.
Share Your Passion
We all have friends who talk about doing a yoga class yet never quite make it there.
Take your friend by the hand and share your passion with them.
Your friend pays $10.
Casual class $20
Two classes in 7 days $35
Regular Yogi: 4 classes in 4 consecutive weeks $68
Yogi Star: 10 classes in 8 consecutive weeks $160
Super Yogi: 24 classes in 12 weeks $360
Passes activate at first class. Passes will automatically activate two weeks from purchase date. No transfers or credits. Extensions may be given if Yoga East cancels classes.
- credit card
- Direct Bank Transfer using your mobile phone
Direct Bank Transfer Details
Please put your name on the payment
Bank: Commonwealth Bank, Rosebud
Account Number: 10341958
Name of Account: Margot Leigh Porter
What to bring/wear?
- Wear comfortable stretchy clothing
- Something warm to put on at the end
- A towel (only if you sweat a lot)
- Water to drink for after class
- A smile
- Arrive 10 minutes before class.
- Honour the ‘whisper zone’ if a class is currently on.
- New students will need to fill in a registration form.
- Remove shoes and place in shoe rack.
- Turn off your mobile phone before entering the class.
- All bags and personal items to left in the cubicles inside the yoga studio room
- Avoid wearing strong smelling perfumes or oils.
- Let the teacher know before the class if you have any medical conditions injuries or are pregnant that may impact on your practice so suitable modifications can be offered.
- Hydrate well before as during the practice we limit water intake to assist with the cleansing process.
- Avoid eating 2 hours before class.
- Yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. If you have a fast metabolism and you are feeling hungry before class then try a glass of juice, a piece of fruit or some nuts/seeds about an hour before class.
- Keep jewellery to a minimum.